Did you know that this system has been in place since around 2012? I have been their regular “customer” since I discovered this process four years ago and was able to obtain birth certificates for myself, my siblings, and my parents. Last year, I also requested for my sister’s marriage certificate and I received it in three days!
Here’s quick run down of what you need to know about this online transaction:
– NSO delivers within the Philippines only, via Air21.
– Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates and Death Certificates: Php 350.00 per copy (inclusive of processing and delivery).
– CENOMARs or Certificate of No Marriage: Php 450.00 per copy (inclusive of processing and delivery).
You do not need to go to an NSO branch anymore, and endure the long lines and hours of waiting time. Here’s how to get your NSO certificates online:
1. Go to https://nsohelpline.ph/order-now
2. Select the type of certificate that you want to order:
– Birth Certificate
– Marriage Certificate
– Death Certificate
– Certificate if Singleness (CENOMAR)
3. Next, you will be asked what you need the certificate for. Just select whichever is applicable for you.
4. Fill out the application form. Make sure to be very accurate as any incorrect information may cause delays in the processing of your document. This is the form that you will need to complete if you are requesting for a birth certificate:
5. You will be getting an Order Confirmation towards the end, along with your reference number.
6. A text message will also be sent to the number that you provided. Additionally, you will be receiving an email with instructions on how to proceed with your payment. Payment can be done through different channels. Personally, I went to Bayad Center for most of my past transactions.
7. To check the status of your order, you can go back to the NSO Helpline website (https://nsohelpline.com/), and click on the Status button at the top. Enter your reference number in the box and click Submit.
8. Processing and delivery takes 3-4 days after you made the payment. In the event of unsuccessful delivery, you may follow-up your request through (02) 737-1112.
Since 2013, I have requested six certificates through this online ordering channel, the latest being in July of this year. I haven’t experienced any delays so far. I’d say it is very effective and extremely convenient!