I’ve been trying to book a new passport appointment via the DFA website in the past two weeks. I tried three times using three different email addresses (Yahoo and Gmail), but everytime I click on the “Proceed to Payment” option, the page gives me this “Invalid Transaction Request” error: The above error is showing up in Chrome. The error did not appear when I used Internet Explorer but the page remained blank despite refreshing it multiple times:
If you encountered this problem while processing your DFA passport application online, you may try doing any of the following as suggested by their Consular Information Center:
- It may not work on your mobile phone or tablet so use a laptop or a desktop.
- Copy the payment facility URL and paste it in a new tab or a different browser and try to open it from there.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again. You can use the same email address but you can only do so after two (2) hours. The system still recognizes an active application for the same email address if you attempt to re-book within the two-hour time frame. Nonetheless, a different email address can be used.
- Make sure that you are not accessing their website from your workplace. Your internet connection in the office may be blocking their system which is the reason why the page is not loading correctly. This is what happened to me and it finally worked when I tried at home. If you are in an internet café, you may seek help from an attendant or move to another one.
- From my experience, the payment facility was blank in Internet Explorer. I copied the URL and pasted it in Chrome and it worked!
Per the staff whom I spoke with when I called, you will NOT get an email notification from the DFA if you were not able to reach the payment facility page. They can only assist you in obtaining an appointment code if you made it through the payment page but did not receive the two emails mentioned below:
“Applicants should receive two (2) emails:1. Reference number for payment 2. Appointment reference number If your appointment booking was successful and you were able to pay for your reserved appointment, the appointment code will be sent through your email. Appointment details may also be filtered in the spam/junk folder. If you did not receive your appointment details, you may contact the following number for more information: 556-0000.”